Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Well that was a write off

So we have started the basement rennovation and we are knee deep in it and ultimately when you take on a project like that something has got to give.  In this case it was triathlon.  Drywall, mud, sand, re-mud, sand again, taping and moving furniture and into 3 coats of paint.  It has been busy.

That said, I was able to make it to the Y on Tuesday and give myself a self administered sweat shower. Why is it that I cannot seem to run 5 miles without sweating through my clothes? That is why I prefer to run outdoors... no sweat...... literally.... no sweat... well there is some, but nothing like this.

I did my usual 5 miles with a  twist, I did 1 mile at 6.5 then 1 mile at 7 and then 2 miles at 7.5 and then 1 mile at 6.5.   NO lie... that was an effort and probably accounted for the sweat... hell it was rolling into my ears at the end an blocked off  my music... apparently headphones do not work under water.

The rest of the week was a blur... loads of late nights and early mornings.  Missed the 20 minute TT on Sat.  and I found out last night that Monday was just the usual 2 and the coach...

Made it out last night to the Pan-Am and was able to muddle through a very solid workout.  I liked this one as it had some real race specific skill to it.  3 minutes tempo, 1 minute V02, 3 minutes threshold and then 3 minuted aerobic.  Needless to say there was quite the pool under the bike when I was done.


No comments:

Post a Comment