Monday, January 13, 2014

the Y@8

Sunday - It is a point of pride that we are an early family.  No sleep-in's here.  Well.... by most definitions, anyway.  We were so pleased that we were able to stay in bed until 7:00.  Coffee was on and we were all in the car by 7:50 on our way to the Y for our weekly morning family swim.  Tri-Girl and I do 30 minutes of free and the kids... well... they do what they gotta do in the kiddie pool.

After the blow-out on the HR test, I was a bit sceptic about the time in the pool, but all fears were put to rest at after the first 10 minutes of agony..... well... achey-arms to say the least.

After some coffee at Tim's we made our way to Woodcock to meet up with Jared.  The weather had turned the roads to mush and by the time we had returned home, it seemed as though we had used up all of our wiper fluid.  Anyhoo..... back to Woodcock.  We arrived in time to catch the end of Gord's triathlon club workout.  Looked like fun with fans and a movie.  Cool.  We found Jared and settled about filling my Christmas coupon for new shoes.    After much trying-on, we settled on 44.5 Specialized Experts.



However, with the non -standard 44.5 sizing, I had to order them in, so they are not yet on my feet.  I will post more when they arrive.

Jared and I also talked about new wheels and we settled on a pair he had made around a set of DT-swiss ceramic hubs.  Looks like that will be a fun addition to The Giant.  I will post more details as I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment