Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Doctor - Who?

Back at the doctor yesterday and I was assured that I will be right as rain in a couple of weeks.  Slight change in the dose of one of my meds and I am on the mend.  At least that is what I keep telling myself.  I will be a good patient and be patient.  I just have to take care of my self and think positive.  Be completely forthright, I was getting a bit despondent over the past few days, as I could not sleep well and having to take a BIG breath fairly often to try to catch up with my fatigue.  
The only problem is that I do not have a couple of weeks.  I have to be back at work on the 4th.  Just too much going on..... any other time of year, I could entertain the thought of getting help and making a transition to having someone replace me for a short time.  Not now.  

That said, this morning I am feeling better and the "gurgle" that has plagued me fro so long seems to be on its way out (still there, but an echo of its former self) along with my old friend the wheeze (don't think that's ever going away).  

Bottom line, I will take his advice (after-all, he is The Doctor) and rest as much as I possibly can, but at some point going to work is simply the better solution for me and my students.  We have worked too hard for too long to take a step backward.



No comments:

Post a Comment