Thursday, March 13, 2014

Balance.

Being a single parent.... even if it is only for a week seems to be all about balance.  That followed by priorities.  Mostly theirs and somewhat yours.  But through it all, you need to keep healthy and maintain a routine.  So that's what we are doing.

Up at 5:15 and out of the house by 6:45ish is the goal and to be honsest we have been right on the money every day.

Tuesday and Thursday were swim days and both Tri-babies were there for the race.  With the boy hanging on me occasionally, you know you are in for a great workout, but when both of them got into the act on Tuesday, I knew I was going down.    

I was in the middle of my set, tight when I was leaning into my stroke and really focusing on my triceps extension when wham I was pulling and anchor.  Now thank God for the bit of momentum I had going for me that allowed me the ability to give the m the shake and gasp for air.

We did the race, but the girl DQ'd and the boy and I went at it with the boy taking a distant second.

Todays swim was much the same, but the girl decided to play fair on the race and left on 5 steamboats and I on 7.  This put the boy in 1st and the girl in 3rd. How about them apples.

Wednesday night was all about the stories.  My fav had to be the one I told about what to do when you are bored.  Check out the Best of Craigslist of course.  My fav this week...  Styrofoam Model for sale for $900,000.00 and he only accepts cash.  What are people thinking.

The work-out was the usual.... accept.... well it hurt.... more.  Check out those peaks and the avg HR.....I was working this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment