Friday, March 7, 2014

It's all about the race part II

Now we got the whole family there.  We all trundled out of bed and made our way to the "Y" with little drama and hardly any worry.... well at least everyone else did.  ME... well let's just say that while everyone was packing, eating breakfast and  getting ready for their day, I was out side dealing with the 3 inches of snow that had fallen overnight. It is a bit of a pity party, but when I finally returned from my snow flinging, everyone was ready to go and I had not even had breakfast.... sigh.... nobody cares.

From there it was hurry, hurry, hurry.  I'll show them. I managed to get everything together in lightning speed and choke down some mini-wheats.   Into the Ridgeline and off to the pool.

Once the back and forth started, it was all good... but as I mentioned before, that is the warm-up for the race.  BTW - I bumped into another Triathlete in the pool who is training for his first event in Kenora - Borealis Race.  He looked good and in great form.  Should be an awesome race.... then again, it always is.

Back to the pool...  so there we all are.  30 minutes of warm-up and then to the thing that matters.  The family race.  Staggered start.  Tri-boy on go.  Mommy and Tri-girl on 3 and Tri-guy(me) on 5.


 Well what a race.... I showed them not to leave me out in the cold shovelling the drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment