Sunday, March 2, 2014

Watery Alarm Clock

Sound asleep... so peaceful... other than dreaming that tri-girl banged up the new truck. Then at 5 to 8 my bliss i  interrupted with - Hey, we are going to the pool... if you get up and into the truck in 5 minutes, you can come with us.  Nothing like familial peer pressure to get you going.


Truth be told, I am really more like the coyote at this point, all arms and legs but not really moving much.

Grab a cup of coffee and jump into the truck. Two long blinks and we are at the "Y."  Pleasant smile to the attendant at the front then into the change rooms.  Tri-boy and I fall into our routine and ignore the other two.  Now I should acknowledge that we are a little late so there is some urgency if we are going to get in 30 minutes of swimming as the manatees take over at 9 with their bob and roll.

Back and forth in the clear cool water..... the sun shining though the windows reminding us that spring is not tooooo far off.  I am fairly certain that I was cognizant of my activity at about the 15 minute mark..... so for the first little bit I was most certainly on autopilot.  I remember reading once about a guy who swam the entire length of the amazon and claimed that he would actually sleep while he swam.  I can relate.



No comments:

Post a Comment