Sunday, April 13, 2014

Late nights = Shitty 5K's


OMG... Holy shit.  I am absolutely gobsmacked that I raced today.

Last night down the street with the neighbours and got into the rum - the Kracken.  I literally put a beast in my belly.  That combined with an arrival time of 1:00ish, it truly was a miracle that I was even in ay sort of condition to consider participating in a 5K run.  ... Hell I should of considered a 5K rum.  I am not sure what I was thinking, but for some strange reason, I was not thinking about the race or the fact that I might actually have to do some work to get it done.

I know, he says with an impish grin,  I will stay out late drinking with friends.... with this kind of prep, the run will be over in no time.

Well.... I really don't need to tell you the rest, as it has a ver predictable outcome combined with some craptacular weather that had the wind howling out of the North and bringing the windchill down to -15˚C.

This truly is a run for the books with my having to convince my self to get it done, not quite sure if I was going to stop at any moment and let out the Kracken.




No comments:

Post a Comment