Friday, January 2, 2015

Hell Hath no Fury



Today, I made it to the pros and I am riding again for the national team at the Women's ICU and we are going for a Yellow jersey today.   Two big 20:00 races with a TTT at the end that can rip your legs off.  Having not been on the bike for a bit, I seemed like a good idea to stay with the usual 30:00 warm-up and in all honesty, I could feel the pain of turkey dinners and the rest of the festive snacking weighing me down.

In my last workout with Sufferfest, I did the Rubber Glove - the Sufferlandrian physical fitness test. Out of that, I had raised my TT effort and now I was going to have to ride at a bit higher speed when I was asked to hit my 7.0 out of 10.  There is no other way to say it, this was going to hurt

..... and hurt it did.  At one point in the second race, a thought entered my mind that this was going to be the one that breaks me.  This was going to be the video that I have to stop and cannot complete.  That th ough was banished and immediately replaced with thoughts of the glory and women that would be showered down upon me when I took the title..... besides it was not like I had any choice and the ministry was going to boil me alive if I did not take home the Yellow Jersey.

All that aside, I love these videos as they consistently get me to do things I never would have dreamed of doing otherwise.



On a side note, Tri-girl and I took the triathlon kids down to the pool for a little lap swim and some fun.  Wouldn't you know it, the pool was closed due to a fouling.  WTF!!!  This is the 4th time my swim has been cancelled due to a fouling on a Friday since October.  I actually stopped going on Fridays, but this was the last day of my holidays, so I mad an exception.... Fuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment