Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Just me, the deer and the crows

So these crows were fighting it out at 4:30 a.m. just outside my window. Now I am not sure why I could not seem to get up and close the window, but alas in my sleepy stupor I could not. Instead I lay there and cursed their evil caw caw cawing. With one final look at the digital alarm clock that Lori had has since she was 12, I got up and began my day...... which basically means I staggered into the kitchen and over-rode the auto start on the coffee pot and grabbed my lap top and checked the weather..... sunny and 26 today.... greta day for a Sr. Jazz party.

Then, with no trumpets or fanfare, it hits me that I have done it yet again and scheduled my day so full that there seems to be no way to make it to my scheduled workout. Why can't I seem to mesh my personal life, my workouts and my private life into one?

If anything is to happen it has to be now. Damn!

So...... downstairs to the laundry room to the pile of triathlon gear I go, careful not to wake the sleeping family whilst rummaging for my running stuff.


I creep out in to the still of the morning air still afresh with the cawing echoes of the epic battle from outside my window and attempt a couple of quick stretches only to notice two magnificent deer staring at me from across the street. Now it is not abnormal to see deer in Charleswood, but it is a little odd to see them on my street. They looked at me. I looked at them. They looked at me. I looked at them. I continued to stretch and they left; seemingly without a care in the world. I am jealous.

Off I go......into the still morning air just me, the deer and the crows.

No comments:

Post a Comment