Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Honey..... where's my supersuit?

Why can't I sleep? packing stress........ I mean ....I did what every guy does the night before a big trip... much to the disappointment of my wife.... I thought about packing. Then at about 8:30 I started putting things together and wandering about the house in some kind of triathlon stupor. Flash from the movie the Incredibles.... "Honey...... where's my super suit?"

It all came together in the end and I was able to get all of my gear together with Lori and Blake fast asleep on the couch. Now off to bed and to try to shut my brain off. No luck here. Up at 3:00 a.m. Now to put that in perspective that's 1:00 a.m. B.C. time. That's messed up! No wonder I am having a hard time typing this even though it is broad daylight here.

It all is a blur, Blake Avery and Lori hugs.... Iraqi Cabbie.... paying $50 extra for oversized bike... meeting with Paul... on the plane at 7:00.... sleep..... Joe Walsh and the Rocky Mountain Way....

Vancouver at 7:55.... 6 girls going to Vegas try to kidnap me.....roll the dice and spin the roulette table..... on the plane to Kelowna... meeting my parents... dad driving while mom directs the show... Hotel Eldorado......

nummies at 9:00 ...scallop and bacon pizza....Overdraft's twin...Fresh Air Experience..... Off to Westbank... Super Walmart..... flowers....The Taylor's wonderfully wicked hospitality... met Molly and Bj (dogs) and peaches the Cat..... fingers and toes crossed that I don't end up in the hospital due to allergies...... put the bikes together..... back tire untrue.... back to fresh air.... stop in the middle of highway in a panic that I forgot the bring the rear tire on the way to fresh air..... $5.35 to get tire "trued".... set up my tent in the back yard and put in the bed..... I am set!

Jim has arrived and all is good..... although WestJet lost his bag.... he just got a call and we will pick it up when we get Mike.

Plan for tomorrow... quick swim in Penticton and then off to Okfalls/ Tickle berries/ Jackson Triggs/ M'K'napp winery/ White Lake/ Green Mountain Road... float the channel.

Kelowna is beautiful and the weather is great. I am really tired..... sorry if I didn't make you laugh. Found a new trailer for hauling my bikes.....

1 comment: