Monday, June 28, 2010

Nothing that drugs won't fix

Sitting at my computer typing an email has never been on my list of possible strenuous activities that may lead to injury. This afternoon I added it to my list. I was tip-typing away and all of a sudden I felt a crunching in my ribs at the same spot I had earlier reported as giving me some grief. (See yesterday's post if you are not familiar with the nummy goodness of intercostal muscles.)

Suddenly it was really hard to breathe...... son of a.....

I grabbed my side and headed down to the office to grab an ice pack.... because after-all, as any elementary school teacher knows, Ice packs heal all wounds. I guess I looked in pain, as everyone I came across asked me what was wrong.

I few phone calls later and I was at the Dr.'s office and across the street for and x-ray. The diagnosis.... pending the x-ray results..... most likely a sprain. Nothing that some A535 and a couple of Robax should not fix.

Now here I sit.... well more like lying in bed.... praying beyond all hope that I have not done something that is going to effect my Ironman. I am getting on the plane Wednesday morning even if I have to crawl. I am going to compete and finish the Osoyoos half Iron on the 11th if it kills me. You can take that to the bank.

1 comment:

  1. GreeeeeeeeeeeEEEGGGG-G-G! Don't join Randy, Jimmy and Jeffy on the bench! Those sitting injuries can only be treated with time on the bike.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete