Monday, January 28, 2013

A Hot Sweaty Monday

I started this morning with this in my head.....




I cannot go for a filling without thinking of this.  I first saw it when I was about 15 at Summer Camp and it has stuck with me since.  I am particularly fond of the bit at about 3:57 where he is trying to tell the Dr. that he smells smoke...  I started to laugh this morning and just about swallowed my tongue as I began to smell smoke.. There I was lying on my back with toes clenched wishing to be anywhere but under the drill and I am laughing.... I mean it started as a giggle, but after I hit a full blown chuckle, he looked down at me and said, "everything ok?"   NO it's not okay!!!!   You are literally drilling into my head and I am laughing about it.  

I think the dentist thought I was nuts.... maybe I am.

Anyhoo... I drooled through my day watching sheep regurgitate and made my way to tribe.

I got on the bike completely exhausted as the last bit of food I had was at 10:00 a.m. and it was now 5:30.... this was not going to go well.

I took my first hit off the water bottle only to have it dribble out of the left hand side of my mouth and down my jersey.... stoopid freezing.  As I dove into the set the blood coursing through my veins succeeded in rinsing out the last bit of the novocaine and the ache started to set i and throb along with my increased HR. .. sigh.

At about the 1 hour mark, I got off my bike and grabbed a GU... I am not even certain what flavour it was, as it went down faster than Felix without a chute.  Taht seemed to help a bit, but I am truly not certain how I made it thorough the last set of 3 minute Tempo into  2 minutes Threshold into 1 minute  whatever you have left - [ as long as it is faster].

Here's what it looked like in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment