Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Next time I'm going to funk it up.

Its been a couple of days of wicked fun.  Monday out with the Tribe and enjoying a heck of a work out.  This was a really solid effort and my legs were done in from the get go... 90 RPM seemed like a fantasy.... but I got there... I always do.    I guess in the midst of prepping the set someone either mis-red the set or simply wanted to see what we'd do... but we had a set of 10 - 10 second all out sprints from a stop with 10 seconds rest.... try that one on for size.  Hell... there was no sprint it was all I could do just to get out of the saddle.  See for yourself...


Not to mention that my Garmin was pitching a fit as I did not turn off the satellite reception and it had me doing ridiculous things inside the Pan Am.... just look at the map..... let alone the elevation gains.... better yet what about the 84.5KMPH top speed.  Hell I wouldn't go that fast if you flat out dropped me from the roof of the freakin' place.  Regardless, and as always, I had a good sweat going and there was a significant lake to prove it.

A bit of rest and on to Tuesday....

A new twist in the old sched.. tuesday workout.  So I dropped off the little blighter at dance and headed over to the "Y" to add in a few miles on the hamster wheel.  I got in and I could not even find a parking spot... why?  New Year's Resolutioners + Swimming lessons + fitness classes + Open gym = MAD HOUSE!!!!!   I was lucky to find a machine.



I did a bit of stretching while I waited and hopped on to the tready shortly there after and proceeded to eaves-drop on a wonderful conversation beside me about the difficultied of video editing and the amount of RAM needed to get the job done.... my own little slice of Reality Hell.... next time.... funk music. Regardless of the blah, blah, blahing beside me I still managed to get in 4.5 miles in about 40 minutes.   My data would have been a bit more accurate, but the machine shut itself off at the 30 minute mark and I got all pissed off as I was in the middle of a faster mile.  Lots of grrrrrrr and sigh and then I managed to reset the damn thing, but only after coming to a complete stop.  Next time I will know better.


No comments:

Post a Comment