Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Blah, Blah, Blah

Well.... let's see.

I'm okay and I am sticking with it.   I have thought about all this level of training that I keep doing and I really have no reason.  There is no big race or huge event that I need to be ready for.  There is just me and I have been so involved in exercise for so long that I honestly believe that it has become a  part of my life.  And, being totally candid, I must admit to some enjoyment in the feeling of accomplishment that each event brings.... more bragging than complaining, I guess.

So to re-cap the last little while is to say that I am still on board with doing 30 minutes free before class on either Wednesday or Thursday.... meaning that I am in the pool at 6:15 and I am swimming about 1500 to 1800 metres in that time.  There really is something to be said about the zen of swimming back and forth and back and forth and back and forth....


Well I did learn something last week.  When you get out of the pool and steam fro 10 minutes, you might want to leave enough time so that your shower can take. .... you know what I mean?  I am talking about arriving at work and even-though you have showered, you are still sweating.  I even waited until i was out side to put on my jacket, as I just could not get the heat under control.  Sometimes, I am just a dumb-ass like everyone else.

So the plan was to take Friday off and then get back to it with the Tribe on Saturday and a long run on Sunday.  Go up Saturday morning to this...




In actual fact, we only received about 15CM of snow, but the wind was up in the 60 kmph area and it covered the area.  I got up at 6:00 a.m. and put on my boots and went out to see a 3 ft high drift up against the garage.... nope... not going to happen.  When I did get around to it, after letting my snowblower warm up for 45 minutes, it took me an hour and a half to blow out the driveway and the street in the front of my house.

Needless to say, Sunday was a wright off as well, as the temp was -29˚C with a windchill at -35˚C with the roads not plowed and extremely treacherous.

That brings us to Monday.  No Michael... we got Jeff. Either way, the work our solidified in my already mushy brain that there is nothing easy about easy week.  This set was kickin' and it was all I could do to keep up.  In fact during the main set, I literally thought I was not going to be able to do the second repeat.  Then there was the 10, 10 second all out sprints with 1:50 recovery.... Yikes.

Here's what it looks like to burn just over 1000 calories...




There is some serious effort in there.... let me tell you.

That brings us to Tuesday... Dance Night.

There I was back at the "Y" doing my thing.  I did about 20minutes of stretching and then headid out to try to get a treadmill... good luck.  What the fuck am I thinking.   There I am waiting for some lab rat to get off their hamster wheel.  There is easily 40 machines and all of them were occupied.  So... I waited.

I finally got on and began my workout to the blah, blah, blah of the people around me. .... god I need some music.


Caution.. people actually not working out... just posing.

Anyhoo... I got in my 5 miles and I was happy... even though I had to stop at the 30 min mark, as it is set to go no longer.  My set seems to be 2 miles at 6.5 and then 2 miles at 7 and then one mile at 6.5 to round it all out.  It was really good sweat and I think if I can get some tunes going i might even enjoy it a bit more.... I am simply not one who enjoys crowds at the best of times..... and let me tell you that 5:45 at the "Y" on a Tuesday night is pure pandemonium.

So then it was Wendesday and I hit the water at 6:15......  Brrrrrrrrrrr.......


Back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, sputter as you inhale some water,  and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, adjust goggles, and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, sprint a bit so that you can absolutely crush the guy in the lane beside you, and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, check your watch and see that you still have 10 minutes left,  and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back, check you watch and see that your still have 8 minutes left, and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and get out.  Hurry to work and giggle at the fact that your hair freezes before you get to the car.


No comments:

Post a Comment