Tuesday, January 29, 2013

No great revelation

I did not want to go tonight.   That's it ... nothing in it that is too shocking... no great revelation... I just did not want to go.  Yesterday's workout nearly killed me, and there I was seemingly without a second of recovery (although it had been almost 20 hours) and my body was not up to the task.... at least mentally.  But, if there is anything I have learned over the past few years is that you'd be surprised what your body can do when you truly ask it to step up.  Also... I cannot mock all the people who show up religiously at the  start of the new year and then not continue to go regularly.

On that note, wow.... that place was a ghost town, comparatively speaking to the last few weeks.



I had my pick of the machines... and I got the magic one.  Ya see, all the machines at the "Y" are set for 30 min.... after that they move to a cool down 5 minutes and then that is it.... However, if you can find the "magic" machine, you can set it to marathon mode and you can run all day.

In the end, I did the usual with a slight twist as we are in a build period.  So tonight's workout looked like this.  15 minutes of stretching and active warm-up.  Then 2 miles at 6.5 then 2 miles at 7.5 and then 1 mile at 6.5  and then a cool down of 5 minutes.  In then end the data was 5.2 miles (8.36859 kms), 47:17 - which is about a 9 minute mile average... which is really slow for me; however, you tend to do that on a treadmill.... or at least I do.....    Oh and 873 Calories.


..... not bad for a night that wasn't going to amount to much.

No comments:

Post a Comment