Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I guess I will just run the leaderboard on that one


With running forbidden, I am really down to two activities.  Now wouldn't you know it, this weekend was beautiful.  In fact Saturday was very nice.  That said, my day was taken up by getting abused by Chris as he again went to work on my on-piece calves and hammies followed by moving 3 yrds of beautiful soil onto my lawn to top dress and seed it for the spring.  As well, the yard needed some help, so I pruned and turned my flower boxes - to keep them from turning to clay.


The fact of the matter is that I am getting old.  I mean I hate to admit it, but there it is.  I was really in pain by the end and I had to come in after the soil and take an Advil to get my self back in the saddle again... so to speak.  But.... as you can clearly see from the photos, we got the job done and the yard will continue in its perpetual awesomeness for a while with the addition of some simply fantastic 4-way mix from Reimers.

Then as I made my way back into the house, I realized that I f I did not get the Giant hosed off soon, I was going to have to do it in the freezing cold that was heading this way.... and in all honesty the weather had begun to dip even as I was procrastinating.  So.... back out I went and my fingers paid the price as they turned into claws as soon as I turned on the hose.  Luckily, I brought in a big bucket for soapy water and filled it with straight hot out of the tap.  This steamy soak undoubtedly made the Giant smile and kept my fingers limber enough to encourage the built up tar and gatorade to vacate its resting pace and leave the Giant with a big smile.  And as much as I was cold, I was a good triathlete and pitched and got Tri-Girl's Specialized all clean, too.

Monday was a bit of an off day and I was unable to make anything happen, but today I was all rarin to go and had everything by the door ready to be in the pool by 6:00 AM; however, for reasons beyond my control I did not make it out of the house on time as I had it in my head that I had loads of time before I had to be at the pool for 7.... nope..... as I mentioned I had to be there by 6:00.  So the best part of thei story, is that I brought my stiff to work ad then ducked out to the pool at the end of the day and lo and behold, I was there with three other people.... in this whole pool there were only 4 of us.  TOOO COOOL FOR WORDS.

Well, I picked a lane and hit the regular set and hammered out 5x300m with 1:20 inbetween and I was very pleased with myself.  I have no idea why my Garmin is somehow recording in spanish and then on the site it is recording that I swam 1500KMS.... not 1500M.... I have changed every setting there is to no avail.  I guess I will just run the leaderboard on that one.



No comments:

Post a Comment