Friday, October 17, 2014

The world loves me

I'm into the pool 'cause my calves are done.  I am so mad at myself.  I know better... I really do.  I have waited too long and my calves and my hammies have turned to leather..... not the Corinthian supple kind, I am talking one solid chunk of rawhide.  After two sessions with the man with the thumbs (aka Chris the masher), I have pain where there was pain and pain where there was not.  After a month of sessions or so, I will try running again, but for the time being, its the pool and the bike for me.

The pool is going well and it is good to be back in it.  My times are coming down a bit and I am pleased.  I am sticking with my set of 5x300m, but I cannot seem to count and today I managed a doozy.  So in the 4th set, I happened to add an extra 100m.... thought the set felt long.

I tried to do a cool down of 200m but only managed 150 before I was out of time.  That pool is so fricken hot.... then the showers are hot and I cannot cool down. I was sitting at the bench and trying to put my clothes on and I could not stop sweating.  I left wearing my t-shirt and there was this cute little asian man as I left giving me advice that it was really cold out and I should put on my jacket.  Nice to know that the world loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment