Sunday, November 16, 2014

Fight Club and Tyler-interuptus

Sunday Fight Club


"One hour you wish you never started!" - Fight Club

Today was all about some patience.  The internet was giving us some grief and keep kicking us out in the middle of our VEVO 80's mix.  I forgot how bad some of those videos were.......... 


"Livin' it up while I'm going down!"

Other than Tyler-interuptus from the fantastic people at MTS, we had ourselves a marvy time racing again for the glory of Sufferlandria.  Due to a late evening of embibement, the warm-up took its took on Tri-girl, but being the trooper that she is she dug deep and kept in the game for the full 90 minutes.

The video had 5 main sets of TT and climbing that really took a fair bit out of you and with each set there were random attacks where you did not change gear, you just spun up +15 cadence.  So that saw you attacking at 115 in the TT and jumping to 90 from 75 on the climb.

I cannot really say enough about these videos as a really stellar way to train at home and still push yourself to achieve something new.  As well, I am a real fan of their cooldown... something comedic having to do with cycling.

Did 15 minutes of core after.  3 sets of: 30 second plank, 30 seconds side plank with leg lifts, 3 sets of 10 leg lifts, 3 sets of 20 elbow to knee sit-up touches and yes.... wait for it.... I did my first set of sit-ups!!!!!!  I know.... holy shit..... I did 3 sets of 10.  Not tooo shabby if I do say so myself, as two weeks ago i could not even do one sit-up.

On a side note, still loving not having to pack up all my crap an go out into the cold in my sweaty state and staggering up-stairs into the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment