Friday, December 26, 2014

A Sense of Being at the Lake

Day after gluttony.

We, if I was perfectly honest, I did not really eat that much.... haven't been a two plate second helping kind of guy for 15yrs..... well with the exception of Tri-Girl's pie.  The dust has settled on yet another fantastic Christmas and Tri-Girl and I decided that today was a run day.  Minons got a WiiU for Christmas, so we did not feel like kicking them off the TV for Sufferfest.  With some gentle snow -globe snow falling outside and drifting straight down, we knew that the wind was not going to be a factor, so even though it was -11˚C the run was the only option as Centennial was still closed for the holiday.

There are moments that I tire of the Hearte Trial, but they are few and far between when it is maintained.  What a simply fantastic run today.  It is 1 mile out to the trail head and then within a few steps you are enveloped in the peaceful calm of the tunnel of poplars and elms that forms the trail.  In all honesty, I was realy only trying to catch Tri-girl; who had set out on this adventure about 5 minutes ahead of me. Yet, once I reached the turnaround point, I was having so much fun, I though I would go a bit farther.... no regrets there.... punched the stop sign at Harstone and headed home.

Greeting people walking dogs and going for walks, you get this sense of being at the lake where you say hi to everyone you meet, or at least give them a wave or a nod.  That combined with the lightly falling snow, made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment