Saturday, December 20, 2014

Just Get Through it Without Falling

After being led like a lamb to the slaughter on a weekly basis to Ness Physiotherapy to have my legs worked on by the jackhammer hydraulics of Chris "fingers" Ciastko, I braved the roads and the melty type temps and headed out on my first run in 9 weeks.  I was a bit apprehensive with drizzle drifting down like a cooling blanket of mist and freezing to the road creating the perfect pebbling effect akin to our local curling rinks.  However, my fears were assuaged through careful footing and the ever sure grip of my trusty Ravena's.  

It was not a fast run by any means and that was not the point.... a fact I kept reminding myself throughout the 30 or so minutes I was out there.  "Just get through it without falling.  There is loads of time to build up speed."  I tried my best to keep some constant pacing, and,  although I did wear my watch, I was also smart enough no to look at it once.    

I was happy to get through the 5K without incident.  Things hurt that usually do not later that night, and combined with the 4 hour wrapping session, I was truly laid up.  Advil, Hot tub and percussion Massager did ease my pain... but then again, it could just simply be the distraction as the kids took my massager and tickled themselves silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment