Monday, December 22, 2014

Hypoxia?

First day of holidays and the family ended up at the Centennial.  Tri-girl and I hit the lanes and the kiddies chased each other about... so much so that I am really not that certain who burned more calories.  I decided I have done three and a half months doing my little set of 5x300m to try to get my speed up , so with Rubber Glove fresh in my legs and embedded in my brain, I thought it would be a good idea to do a TT in the pool.  20 minutes seemed a little short, so I settled on 30 minutes which was roughly the same as my regular time.

My biggest feat, to be honest, was not the time, but losing track of my laps.  I get in there and round about 30 laps in I drift off an start thinking about this and that and then I am all befuddled and not sure if that was 34 or 36.  I am usually lucid enough to know that is it an odd or even lap, but where to go from there is never quite as clear as you'd think.  Maybe it is the effort creating a lack of oxygen to my bran that is causing the lapse in  mathematical prowess or it simply could just be that i  am a bear of very little brain. Either way, my fears were unfounded as I counted them all with great precision.

This will explain how I feel in the pool sometimes...


Anyhoo... I am pretty proud of my time and my average was pretty close to where i wanted it to be.  I was hoping for about a 1:40 minute/ 100M and I was pretty stoked when it worked out to 1:39.

No comments:

Post a Comment