Sunday, February 16, 2014

All Ren and No Stimpy

No matter how hard she tried, tri-girl could not sleep.  Her heart was racing and she was kept awake by yet another in a series of temperature variances that she cannot seem to shake.  The end result had me getting up at 2 to try to let her get some sleep and the end result of which had me staring through blood-shot eyes fro the passenger seat of the truck as we bounced our way to the Y for lap swim.

Through the change room and then, perched precariously upon the precipice, I leaned forward and tumbled into the pool.

It was at this point that I was rudely awakened by the cool water and brought to my senses.



From here it was simply instinct and my arms began to flail as I slowly made my way down my lane towards the first turn of the day.  As my pace quickened, I began to move every so gracefully and regained my composure.  Within a few seconds I was lapping the manatee in the lane beside me and splashing the kiddies on the turns.

30 minutes later, I was done and gasping as usual. And as I emerged from the steam room, I really had to struggle to remember how I even got here in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment