Saturday, February 15, 2014

Out in the Sun with the tribe

After an evening of running around I was beat.  My first full week back after being sick was fine, but to be honest, I was a bit tired from the whole thing.  So, all of this combined with a glass of red, left me a bit foggy as the alarm summoned me to start the dance  that would lead me to our fantastic workout at Pan Am.

We staggered about until at least one cup of coffee was down the hatch, but even then, I knew I was not all there as I gathered the bits and pieces needed for my morning.  I felt like some kid at a birthday party on a treasure hunt without the map.  Go the bikes upstairs and packed the trainers.  Loaded the socks and the Garmin along with a bottle of water and a bottle of gatorade.

However, somewhere in all of this, I missed my running shoes.  Bummer.... 'specially since this was the first time the track was open since November.

Today was easy week, or as it has been re-named - speed week.  The set was, HR recovery (163/105 = 58) then into 6X 30 second sprints from a dead stop alternating leg starts on 2:00.  After that fun we went into 6X40 second efforts... these, without any surprise, are much harder than the 30 second.  That extra 10 seconds is enough to kill you.  Ultimately, you are looking to reach +5K on your threshold pace.  On #5 coach decided to do 60 sec and nearly killed me..... was gasping like a fish out of water.  I was done.

Without the shoes, I decided to do a 15 minute high cadence set - keeping the feet going around 100.  This proved to be a fairly tiring event and I was glad it was over.  My plan was to go for 15 minutes or until Tri-Girl came back from her run.  Either way... my calves were feeling it.

From the bike into core for about 30 minutes.  I love the stations that Coach Pat has set up and Tri-girl and I managed to giggle our way though them and we found some of them super hard as our bodies would not respond from fatigue.  There is nothing like throwing a medicine ball at each-other.... It is a miracle that we both still have all our teeth.

Here's the data...







No comments:

Post a Comment