Monday, February 10, 2014

Yes I was racing the guy in the lane beside me

Tri-girl and I made our way to the pool for lap swim Sunday morning.  My plan was to take it easy and coast through the 30 minutes doing some long easy strokes and focus on my tricep pull.  It was a bit of a slow start as the frigid cold has come back and it was -45˚C with the wind-chill.  Seems so odd to jump in a pool.... but that's what we did.

My plan went out the window the second I realized that there was some "hot-shot" in the lane beside me doing his thing. He came past me and I realized that this could be an excellent "carrot" for a workout.  Still with the long stroke, I picked up my pace and caught up in a lap or two. Once he realized that I was about to pass him, he picked up his pace, but to no avail, as I overtook him on the next lap and then proceeded to lap him 4 times in the next 30 minutes.

Is it wrong to be proud of this?  I wonder if he even noticed that he and I were racing?  Does not matter in the end... I got one hell of a work out.

I think the pneumonia is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment