Monday, February 24, 2014

An anchor is a good training tool

You know... I have been doing this for a while now.  When it comes to swimming, I have a pretty good idea how to work hard and to suffer in the pool.  Well, let's just say that Tri-boy reminded me of something from my childhood on Monday morning.  You see when I was much younger, my dad and I would go out fishing.  Our little 6Horse white Chrysler motor would go a bit too fast on occasion for trolling.  So to slow it down he would drag a bucket behind the boat.  This would make it so that we were at the perfect speed for fishing. Well, on Monday, Tri-boy got a-hold of one of my legs as I came by and he latched on and made me pull him through the lane to the wall.  What a work out.  Nothing like dragging 100lbs of dead weight through the water.  He tried to dolphin kick one time and that even made it worse.    Regardless, it still was one hell of a work out.  At the end of my 30 minutes, he and I each took a lane and he got a 5 steamboat head start and we ended up coming close to tying.  I think at the 6 steamboat mark, he will have me.

No comments:

Post a Comment