Friday, August 6, 2010

Should I or Shouldn't I?

Round and round the mulberry bush
The Clock was chasing Tri-Guy
The Clock thought it was all in fun....
POP! goes the Tri-Guy.

If you have never tried it, I highly recommend running one mile splits around your neighborhood for three hours one morning. People look at you in the oddest way.....

I was wondering what they were thinking. I imagined it was something like this....
"Didn't I just see that guy?"
"What's with the short leash, buddy?"
"Can't seem to find your way home?"
"Wet clean up on aisle 6."

Anyway.. I am not the fastest runner on the planet but I was pretty happy with my 19 miles in 2:59:20.


Here I am managing to be the 1st float in our local community parade.


Here the local community police attempt to catch the Tri-Guy.

Tri-Guy is too fast for you.......

Change of Topic.....

I am thinking of shaving my legs for the race. However, I cannot decide whether I should or shouldn't. I have listed the Pro's and Con's below.

Pros:
- Easier time with the wet suit.
- Easier time with massage.
- With my hair gone I am sure to be at least one to two seconds faster on the bike and run due to increased aerodynamics.
- An inevitable join to the brotherhood.
- Bike crashes are ugly with hairy legs as the blood and skin get all matted in the hair. The first thing the medical people do when treating serious road rash is "shave," using a special razor, all the scarred area. This removes all the debris form the crash an it is very painful. If you have shaved legs, they just wipe out the gravel.

Cons:
- I am a guy.
- Did I mention I am a guy.
- Possible razor accident leaving me with a fresh cut for my sweat to pour into as I slave through the Okanagan heat.
- I am not sure where to stop. How high is necessary? Acceptable?

Thoughts from the Internet:
- Ray - it is a must for a non-wetsuit swim.
- Hazen Kent - purely an ego thing. He also posted a follow-up on How to shave your legs

I NEED YOUR OPINION. LET'S PUT IT TO A VOTE. ONLY REGISTERED FOLLOWERS OPINIONS WILL COUNT. SO PLEASE REGISTER AND MAKE YOUR OPINION KNOWN. YOUR VOTE DETERMINES WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

VOTING CLOSES MONDAY NIGHT AT 9:00 PACIFIC (AS I WILL BE IN PENTICTON.)

ALL COMMENTS WILL BE POSTED IN THE BLOG AND WHO KNOWS.... MAYBE TRI-GUY MIGHT HAVE A VIDEO OF THE EVENT.

3 comments: