Monday, August 23, 2010

Tri-Guy tries his hand at math

Tri Guy checks in the mirror to see if anyone is catching up with his awesomeness.......nope... not a one....

Monday... the countdown becomes pretty serious. If you look at the countdown timer on the right hand side you'll see that it does not have much left on it. At 7:00 a.m. PST the gun (actually a cannon) goes off and we all hit the lake for a refreshing swim.... not sure if they strangle a cat first... seems to be a BC thing. After watching a little TV yesterday for the first time in ages, I decide that I needed to hire a personal psychologist to make sure I stay motivated.

I'm thinking of hiring this guy...



My taper (tape-worm) is almost at an end and the workout schedule is still fairly intense just not for any great length. I am in a great mood and maybe even smiling a bit... here and there... laughing mostly at my own jokes.... but then again..... what's new about that. Hell... I could sit here at my computer all day and laugh.

Here.... Believe in your dreams... a message from Andy Samberg



OR..... maybe this is like your last staff meeting?


Enough of that silliness.......

Easy spin on Monday... I decided to do the Eastside road out to OK Falls and back. A nice little 50K route that has some nice hills to get the legs working, yet nothing too strenuous as to over-cook my quads. I mean after all, in an effort to bring my 3 viewers the best of my training, I often stop for a photo or two... that in itself keeps things easy. I mean you must realize, the more I repeat my routes, the harder it is to bring you a different photographic perspective. But, don't worry, I have no intent of swimming, cycling or running with my camera. No stopping for a scenic shot of the climb, just me smiling and singing to myself and recording the moments on my internal TiVo. However, in training at least, taking the pics and snapping the shots ensures that I don't take myself too seriously and that I do take time to look around and see the sights and take it all in.

So on that note:

Here's the only descent worth mentioning on the route out. It is really a series of "s" turns that hug their way past the rocky face of the cliff they were blasted out of. The road also narrows here and add to the mix a blind corner for oncoming traffic and there you have one fun-loving descent. Not to mention that on the right hand side of the descent, the road gives way to a sheer drop down the craggy face into the lake. I like to take it blindfolded just for that added thrill.

Snapped this pic whilst I was stopping for a moment to attach my blind fold.

The Giant tries love again... this time I thought there might be something, but she seems to give you slivers if you rub her the wrong way.

The KVR comes to OK Falls.

I had posted a pic of this trestle from a distance as I made the climb back up to where highway 3A meets up with highway 97. Today I was able to get right down to the trestle. Now the question you have to ask yourself, is how did I get the pictures below from that angle.... as it 'twas quite tricky..... if you look closely at the photo above, it may have something to do with the fact that I was shoeless.


Just think of me as a bit more King than Kong.

On the way back I came around this corner and saw this lone runner in the distance coming along the base of this beautiful turn around the overhanging abutment. I just thought it was a bit metaphorical for the Ironman... this lone warrior out amongst the massive amount of elements that could crush his insignificant body into a lifeless shredded pulp for just thinking about cycling over its mountainous facade.... but then again.... maybe....

... its just a nice photo of some guy running.

After the ride, I went with the family down to the beach. With mere days to go, the community is coming alive as the hopefuls arrive in town.



I guess.... that's right... I am taking a stab at the champ.... I am a contender.... and time will tell the outcome.

These banners appeared this afternoon down lakeshore drive.... last time I checked... and trust me I have checked.... the swim is 2.4 miles - that translates to 3.84 Km by my math (2.4 x 1.6). I guess they like 3.86.... ah when you're goin' that far... what's an extra 20 amongst friends. On that note.... we all agree it is 2.4 miles. Well check out this map again....


So this image is from the Ironman website..... 1612 + 450 +1800 = 3962 or 3.962K That's not 2.4 miles. That's 2.476 Miles. Hmmmmmm someone has got some math issues and apparently it's me.

Nobody ever said that I didn't give back to the community... here Tri-Guy runs afoul of the local beach scavengers.... this race truly is for the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment