Monday, August 9, 2010

Understandably the center of their whole universe

Well the time has come my friends to pack up the Giant and move cross country to set up shop in Penticton for the remainder of the summer. My sojourn will get me acclimatized and ready for all the things that this crazy race can throw at me. In just three short weeks, I will be very ready for this event.

The flight out took me over The Meadows. If you enlarge the photo you can see the majesty of the grain elevator and how it literally is the center of their whole universe. If you missed my comments on this beautiful tower in the Paris of the Prairies, check out yesterdays post.

Truly a bird's eye view.

Here is the elevator in question re-printed from my blog on the 25th of July.

The rest of the flight was rather uneventful. As we neared Edmonton, we passed by some really tall summer clouds that looked like something fresh out of a Gilliam movie.... too interesting to be real. Taking pictures out of the window of a 737 never seems to capture the moment, but a t least this photo captures the essence.

There is just a hint of the curvature of the Earth from 40,000 ft.

Tri-Guy is very tired and must head off to bed now..... some swimmin' and runnin' await in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment