Monday, March 18, 2013

Un-believable

Yep - I officially hate winter.  Today was ridiculous and will go down as one of those days you read about in the history books.  This time last year +20˚C.   Sigh.

For those of you reading that are not from here...    Manitoba Blizzard

This morning  we awoke to about a foot of snow blowing about the yard.... actually it was still snowing.  I went out and shovelled at 5:50 a.m. to try to get to the pool for a work out, but after 40 minutes of shovelling, I knew it was a fool's errand, so I went back in and enjoyed another cup of coffee.  Even then, the roads were not plowed and the drive was a little hectic.  That said, it was still better than about 9:00 a.m. when the wind started gusting up to 60kmph and making visibility 0.



I eventually made it to the pool.

Today's set was a killer and really worked my arms.  Swim: 4x150 Free. (100 Free/50 Backstroke, continuous. 10x50 pull. use the buoy for all the 50s.  Rest is 20 seconds per 50m. Pacing is moderate effort. 5x200m.  Long endurance Set. Rest is 30 seconds. Pacing should be about Tempo (about 5-10seconds/100m off your 400m TT time).  200m Choice: Change Strokes every 50m.

Well let's just say that I wanted out after the 4x150 free/ back combo.



Here's my approximate 200m YMCA stats:  3:32, 3:33, 3:36, 3:39 and 3:37.  [very comparable to the last time we did this] I was tired at the end and did the slowest most relaxed 200m of breast stroke you could possible imagine.

Then... as if that was not enough, I was at the PAN-AM for my regular Monday night crowd and ..... wait for it..... possibly the last indoor work out of the season.

More whining, I am also tired of hauling all my crap to the PAN-AM.

Here's how that looked....

I am just jones-ing to get out there......  two weeks from now... maybe the snow will be gone and ...

 wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee



No comments:

Post a Comment