Sunday, March 31, 2013

Go Away - Winter you have over-stayed your welcome

Went out last night of see one of the best hard rock acts from the late 70's/ early 80's last night at the Oak in Transcona - GODDO.  This was the best $20 rock concert I think I have ever seen.  What a heart thumpin' night.  These guys are in their 60's and are kicking it so hard.  Thye had 20 somethings throwing themselves at them all night.  Wow.... not to mention the spectacle that is going to the Oak.  Transconna is like going to the other side of the planet for me and wow... the people watching made www.peopleofwalmart.com look normal.  (On a side note, it looks like I may be checking out Nazareth in July).

Anyhoo.. I got home last night at 2:30 a.m. in a freaking snowstorm... happy god dammed easter  ):

Grrrrrr... old man curmudgeon am I.


Where the hell is Spring?  I am so bummed.  I am tired of putting on three layers to run and I am now supposed to be out on the bike and instead, I am doomed to more trainer hell.




Well.. I went out to day and did what I could.  To add insult to injury,  7 days of all -inclusive has not exactly sped up my legs... in fact if anything it has expanded my waist line.  I just feel bloated and bummed.  So here is what a bloated an bummed out run looks like....

I decided to skip the usual routes and opted for a scenic tour of Charleswood. By scenic, I mean that for the most part I was watching my footing and making sure I did not slip on the ice.

C'mon summer, we need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment