Saturday, April 6, 2013

Jon took a little more out of my quads than expected

What a day on the bike.  Winter is still here and it was snowing when I went out the PAN AM this morning.  I hate it when you want something so bad and you can't have it. I want to be outside on my bike, but it is not happening, no matter how much I wish for it.

So on to the trainer for 2hours of sweat.  Looking around the room even the usually focused Ramstien was looking out of sorts.  I am no psychologist, but I am pretty certain that it is possible that the triathlon community may suffer from S.A.D. even more-so than the average person.  Vitamin "D" supplements in the gatorade.

Anyhoo.... procrastination seemed to be the theme as no one really wanted to get into it, but coach had a doozy for us today and for those who suffered through it all, it was a worth while experience.  By that I mean, it is always apparent each individual member is on their own triathlon journey and will complete whatever level of the workout that they feel comfortable with.  There is a group of us, though, that are there to get all we can.... and a bit more if it is offered.... and today was worth the sweat equity we put in.




Like I said 2 hours of push and no stop on this roller coaster.

Form there a transition of turtles to the track.  Now at this point I really began to feel my legs.  You see.... last night I spent 3 hours dancing to the rockin' tones of New Jersey's finest - with one of the best smiles in rock today.....


They played everything and did not let us sit at all....they even played some Stones last night.... truly wicked concert. - read the review in the Free Press



Anyhoo... my legs (and my voice) were shot after three hours of dancing and singing along.... so my 20 minute run was a bit much, but I did it and that is a lot more than I can say for the majority of the members in our club.... but hey.... like I said... to each their own.

Now, to put it all in perspective.....  here is my bike data from this time last year... by the way +13˚C.




No comments:

Post a Comment