Monday, April 8, 2013

Post Calf-ing

We if you read my epilogue yesterday, you knew, I was not doing well last night.  I managed to toss and turn throughout the night as I dreamt of trying to turn a  passenger train around on some mountain pass.... whatever that means.  I was okay in the morning, but it tightened up fairly quick.  For those of you with no sense of physiology...





Okay on to my workout today... into the pool

I hit the pool and tried my best not to push off too hard and make matters worse.  The swim was fine, as there really is not much calf involved in the process.  Here's how it all looked.

Okay... this was a MONSTER swim. I knew that going in, but I gave it my all. 400m warm up easy free - check. 3X 200 (100 pull/ 100Kick) gotcha. No clock for any of that... didn't think you'd mind. 400 free (24 laps) moderate pace = 7:37. [my 400TT time was 7:10] 1 minute rest 2X200 free (12 laps each) = (3:41, 1 minute rest, 3:40) 30 sec rest, 4X100 (6 laps each on 30 sec) = (1:46, 1:45, 1:46, 1:46), 1 minute rest, 8X50 (3 laps each on 30 sec rest) = (:48, :48, :50, :49, :49, :49, :49, :48) - I went fast through the 50's - somewhere between fairly fast to really fast. All in all, 2600m - not bad for a gimp.  

Speaking of Gimp, I took an 1 hour masage afterschool. No... not like this...



As some of you might think.....  more like this


Except on my legs..... my hats off to Chris at Ness Physiotherapy. He saw me come in and stated his concern right out of the gate.   Looks like I have buggered it up good and we are all happy there was no stabbing pain, as that would indicate a tear. Any way, I am going again on Friday and I will go once a week until we go in June. I am going to stay off running until Sat with tribe and then we will see for Sunday, but no PURE 5K for me, more like a longish test on Sunday - maybe 8 - 10 Miles... just slow and steady. I also went to City Park and bought compression skins. I will wear them to bed and to work tomorrow and see if it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment