Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pure 15K

Up and at them.....



That;s how I felt this morning... I was all comfy and feeling a bit achy from yesterday, but it was time to  throw down and have at this run thing.  I have taken enough time to "recover" and I needed to test my calf.   And how better to test it than a 15K race....  well I use the term race very loosely here.  Really, I just wanted to go out and have a go and see what would happen.   I did not want to race and hurt myself.  I wanted to test it out and keep the pace respectable, but not epic.... somewhere in the 8:30 - 8:45 minute mile range.

Besides, I had to look good, as Super Tri- Mom was here from triathlon central, Penticton, B.C.


The race weather was wonderful and I felt really good.  I kept my pace in check and kept to the game plan and It worked.  That and I wore my green compression skins that attracted a lot of attention.


I might actually know what I am doing


Drafting the sport - ute.


last lap

re-living the race with Pat and Chris


Walking away with some schwag.



Here's how it all looked from Space.

No comments:

Post a Comment