Wednesday, May 22, 2013

40 gusting to 60

Not a cloud in the crystal clear blue sky... in fact looking out your front room window, you would never guess that the wind is howling like it is.   Environment Canada puts it at 40KMPH gusting to 60kmph.  Now let me tell you that when you turn into it, it is a real bitch.

We set out from the Truck and Toy centre and headed out in a train of 5 and that was great as we were averaging 40kmph, but then we turned into the wind and I made one tactical error and I was gone....

I kind of felt like this guy.




I am sure he was fine, as was I, but wow, you stick your head up at the wrong time and..... bye bye.

The way back form the road end was all about the wind and by the time I hit the bridge over the perimeter my legs were done, as the wind was just screaming at the bridge.

As for my messed up Garmin, it looks like there might be a short in the cable on my GSC 10 (cadance sensor)  that caused the malfunction, as everything seemed to work okay after I stopped and played with it.  The auto pause function also seemed to work well.

Here's how it all turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment