Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Today was crazy, I finished Mother's day breakfast and flew out of the house at 10:00 knowing that I had to leave for downtown by 12:45 for sound check at 1:00 as my Sr. Jazz was performing with the Winnipeg Jazz Orchestra @ WAG @ 2:00 p.m.  The band got a standing ovation from the sold out crowd, so I was pleased.

So knowing that I had to leave immediately following my run made be a bit nervous for my pacing......maybe that drove me to run a bit faster, as I avg'd 8:40's for the 10 miles.   To boot , I  ran into Tri-girl, just as she turned around at the 2.5 mile mark of her run.  We walked together for a couple of seconds - 41 to be exact and then I was back at it.


P.S. - got home from the run and cold not stop sweating and the more I tried, the worse it got.  I finally had to put on my suit and just go for it.  All windows down and just hope for the best all the way to the WAG.

No comments:

Post a Comment