Monday, May 20, 2013

Out to the Beach

With a decent friday off in my body, I set out on Saturday morning for my 1st 100K ride of the season. Usually by now I would of had 2-3 under my belt, but this season is just so behind due to the weather, I was lucky to get out when I did.

The rout was fabulous and the company was truly second to none; however, I had enough of the Garmin 310XT by the first 60 seconds.  I thought I would use the "Auto Pause" feature.  This is designed to stop the data collection every-time you stop... therefore, eliminating all the zeros from you data and giving you a better sense of your ride.  Well... the auto pause must have went off 10 times in the first minute..... any time there was the slightest change in speed, it stopped and started, and stopped and started... all the time beeping to tell me what it was up to.  Very annoying and extremely distracting.  Eventually, I had to stop to shut it off and you can imagine how easy that is when you just got the thing and you cannot find the screen or setting page you need to do what you want.  I swear, I could have chucked it in the ditch.

Then, I realized that the GPS data and the speed was all wrong.. it had me travelling at 10 then 12 then 2 then 31 then 5 all within the same few seconds and it stayed like that all day.... all freakin' 4 hours.   This, of course played havoc with my distance.  In the end Pat's computer had us at over 100K and mine had us at 51.

For what it is worth here it is.


Now, Garmin has informed me that the first attempt at updating the software has failed, so it is trying again.

Anyway,  the other thing I am not pleased with is that it always seems to take forever to download my data from my watch to the computer... I think that I have to open the aNT agent and then pair it with my device... I have it set to do this automatically when I open Garmin Connect, but no luck.

Wow am I frustrated.  IF it is not fixed on tomorrow's run, I am going to take it back to Costco.

GRRRRRRRRRRR................

AS for Sunday and Monday, I decided that enough was enough and I did a bucket of well needed yard work and spent some time with a family that I have not seen in a while.  Tomorrow, though, it is back to normal.... pool time in the morning and a run at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment