Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Glad I did not kill my 310 last night

Looks like last night's marathon software updating session has my Garmin on the mend.   Glad I didn't thrash it like this guy.


or this


I took it out for a spin today on a set that looked like this:

Warm up. 4x1mile at just over race pace: 8:15-8:30. Recovery 2 mins.

So , I took that at 1 mile easy then 4 miles at a an aggressive tempo with 2 minutes recovery after each effort then a 1 mile cool-down.

I set teh watch to auto pause and auto lap at 1 mile.  That way, no one really should have to think... you can just run and the watch will tell you when you have to run and it will let you stop with out having to determine some funky distance to calculate the next mile.

I felt really rushed to come home after a stressful meeting and then into the run, but such is life.  I hit the  road a bit over dressed, but I was able to shed a layer or two along the way.  I had Gatorade at the 2 minute rest intervals and had a GU at the 30 min mark.

I am really happy about my times and my effort.  With just a couple of days off, there is a bit of life in the legs.... that said, I took the stirs up tot the top floor of IKEA tonight and nearly died.

Here's how it all looked this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment