Monday, May 6, 2013

Bad Blogger

Okay... so life here has been nuts and in the middle of it all, I have been trying to maintain this daily blog as I work my way towards the Liberty 1/2 Iron.  No big surprise, I was a bad blogger on Sunday and missed posting my run.   I have also been at odds, as my Garmin 305 is just about out of juice, so I am using a stop watch an Google Earth to figure things out.

Sunday:

the goal was 90 minutes.  Okay so no Garmin.... then I had to bust it out old skool.... like I said, Google earth and a stop-watch.


Man you should have heard the frogs on t he Harte trail... wow at points you would have to yell to be heard.

I really have to be honest and say that I did not want to do this run.  My legs were still giving me grief after the bike on Sat, but I guess that is the point, so I threw on the shoes and went out to see the world.  The day was cloudless and started out at about 10˚C and was smokin" by the end and hit about 18˚C.... nothing like running in shorts.

  So Google earth said I did 10 miles...(well 9.97 to be exact, but let's call that 10 miles or 16.0934 Kms).   Anyhoo I did this in 1:30:07.  Lap times were:  44:33, 45:33. Exactly one minute apart.   I stopped at  roughly the 5k and the 10k mark for a GU for 1 minute. I had a swig of Gatorade at roughly the 15 min mark.  So... that would make a moving time of 1:28:07 for 10 Miles which = 8:48 minute miles or  1:55:28 1/2 marathon..... I could live with that.  In reality there will be stops so... my time of 1:30:07 = 9:00 miles on the nose or  1:58 1/2 marathon - I could also live with that.

Today started in the pool.  2x200 Free/100 Kick. 6x50m Decreasing Stroke Count (1:15 repeat). 2x: 500m Pull (1min), 5x100 (2' repeat). 6x50m (25Free/25Choice).

This set got me.....I was ready to pack it in on the 200 free.

Here's me in my lane after about 75 meters....



Everything hurt. I stuck with it, though and toughed it out. The 6x50 came in at 0:39 to 0:45 - not much rest here. 500 pull was 9:18/ 8:38 - picked it up in the 2nd.  The 5x100 on 2:00 was a killer, as I was cooked and hit the 100's in about  1:35 - 1:40, so no rest for tri-guy.  Wow.... I am tired just writing this.

Then the day just seemed to go on and on into a bike.  By the time I was done with soccer, it was 6:20.  I hit the road without a Garmin or a watch.... I just rode.  I went out to the road end in Headingley as hard as I could.  I took about 30 sec a the gravel and then hammered it home.


Alls I knows is that it was about 22K and I wore my singlet and bike shorts and the weather was brilliant.... then as I crossed the tracks into Headingly I noticed their new stop sign... one of two actually.




 I just love the new stop signs... I didn't stop in either direction out of spite.



No comments:

Post a Comment