Friday, May 10, 2013

Follow the idiot

So the goal on Friday morning was to set the alarm and get out early.... hit the pool at 6:0 a.m. and do a 500m warm up and then lay down a 1000m Time Trial.

And that is what I did.  I had arrived a little late, but Friday morning's are never really an issue and you can always find a lane.  I find that by Friday most people have dropped off the fact of the planet and will be back on Monday riddled with guilt from their debauchery on the Weekend.

The 5x100 went well and I felt ready for the TT.  I wish I had a counter, as I find it very hard to keep track of my laps some times.  Now, just a reminder that this is a "y" 1000m TT.   I.E......  I swim 6 laps to the 100, as the pool is short - about 18m.   So really I swim 108M.... whoopdy-shit..... I have to do a hell of a lot more than that in June.  SO that means I would swim 60 laps or 1080M.

I was pleased with my times... my splits were 8:40/ 8:31 = 17:11:08. - so that would be a 34:22 - 2K... which is very comprable to my open water times. Osoyoos '10 - 32:47, Oliver '11 - 35:26, Oliver '12 - 36:02. ... Slowing with Old Age.


I often think of the people watching me go - back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth (that's 60) must think I'm and idiot.

Yes, that's true, but I am at least proud to admit it. I'm even getting shirts made up.



No comments:

Post a Comment