Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Double trouble

Well into the pool early today, as I had a load of marking stacked up on my desk and it certainly was not going to mark itself... and quite honestly, I enjoy reading my students work, they are funny and intuitive young people whose humour and reality make me laugh and cry all at the same time.

SO today in the pool was a 600m warm up and then 15 X 100m on +2 seconds on my 1000m TT time.  In other words, 100m on 1:46 with 15 sec rest in-between and 1:00 on every 500m.  I actually felt really good and could not slow down to the 1:46.



Here's the time splits....  1:41, 1:44, 1:42, 1:43, 1:41, 1:41, 1:42, 1:41, 1:41, 1:40, 1:40, 1:41, 1:43, 1:39, 1:39. Pretty darn fine if I do say so myself.

Then after dinner I made the rookie mistake of my life... I ran on a full tummy. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB! WOW am I an idiot. I felt like I was doing a waddle when I left. I figure it would pass, but it only got worse. Once I got going all I wanted to do was stop. After a bit the cramps set in and I had to fend off throwing up.

DO NOT READ ON IF YOU ARE EASILY GROSSED OUT!


In all honesty, if I did not stop when I did I would have had to hit the bushes.  


As it was I ran straight up the steps and into the bathroom... all sweaty and gasping form the run. Ugly.... truly ugly.



YOU CAN READ ON NOW

So the assignment was 4x1 mile with 2 minutes recovery. Well I just wanted to get home, so I skipped the recovery and just went at it with a 1 mile warm up and a 1 mile cool-down... this just turned into a 6 mile run at tempo. I was happy with the result, but I would have liked to have a better tummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment