Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Date Day

The thing about a great daycare is that you want to keep your spot. So for those of you without kiddies, this means that you pay the same rate all summer regardless of whether or not your child(ren) attend. So t with that in mind, who could blame a parent for taking their kids to day care now and then so that they could have a date day with their significant other.

Now for Lori and I , hanging out is a little odd, as Pat (the coach of coaches) always has me doing something during the day. Today, was no exception as I was required to do a 90 minute open water swim and a one hour run with 4 miles 30-40 seconds faster than my regular pace.

Translated in to date day - drop the kiddies off at daycare and drive out to Birds Hill park. While I swim 8 laps around the buoys, Lori goes for a run following the scenic bike trail that is used for the Triple Threat Triathlon. Then she grabs a book and enjoys the sun while I finish up my swim and head out for 1 lap of the park.... which, if you are interested counted for 13.3K when you add in the 1k out and back from the East Beach parking lot.

It was an excellent day to train as the weather was great and there was not a cloud in the sky when we arrived at the park, but by 2:00 it had clouded over and looked like rain. It was also great training, as durning the run is got good and hot as I chased down some carrot over about 5k.

The best part was that I could throw myself into the lake when I finished and lori set me up with a chocolate milk as I soaked my freshly blistered feet. Yes friends, my feet are getting abused, as I am now running without my inserts and with the slight shift in running style that is bringing on a whole new fresh set of hurt.

To finish off date day, Lori and I still got to do our favourite summer activity.... what's that you ask? Well..... I must admit that we love to people watch... you know... just sit in a beach chair and watch the world go by and wonder who told these people that what they are wearing made them look good. If you don't understand, and you have a spare moment or two, check out - Funny Pictures at WalMart and you will get our drift. Wow! That All I have to say about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment