Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rolling through the wind

Back out on the prairies reminds me just how flat it really is around here. I guess training in the mountains has skewed my sense of perspective. After literally climbing for a couple of weeks, it was truly relaxing to get back out into the great wide open.


Look behind me in this photo. What do you see? That's right... mile and miles of nothing! You get to see as far as the curvature of the earth allows. You have to understand that I am bragging and as I have mentioned in earlier posts, I love the fact that you can really get gone here and not be surrounded by miles and miles of cars and utopian sprawl. Could you imagine training for something like this in Vancouver or Toronto. No way! You'd have to load up your bikes and head out of the city for miles before you ever get away.

I was literally grinning from eyebrow to eyebrow as I did my easy 50k today. I really love it here and I could not think of a better place to be, just me and the Giant as I roll through the wind.


P.S. - contemplating amputation of left ring toe-nail as it is now past the purple crimson phase and into a more of a grapeish licorice colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment