Monday, July 5, 2010

I guess the screaming in my quads is a little bit of my fault, too.

Our morning coffee was rewarded by several spectacular crashes on stage one of the Tour. Stoooooopid people and their dogs.....

Alas, very day must come to an end and ultimately every Training camp must, too, come to a finish. So, without much ceremony the tent was packed and put away and bags were stowed and the bikes were broken down and put into boxes. One last swim, and for Mike, one last run.

A HUGE shout out to our Hosts - the Taylors. Scott and Sharon were the most wonderfuly welcoming people and you feel like you have known them forever. Every now and then you bump into people that, for whatever reason.... let's just call it Karma, you feel like you have known them forever. Truly the camp would not have been half as exciting if it was not for their excellent vision and planning. From all of us a heartfelt THANK YOU!

Mike, Greg, Paul, Jim and our host - Scott.

With the boys dropped off a the airport at 2:00, I made my way South to Penticton to continue training and get ready for the 1/2 Ironman in Osoyoos on the 11th. I though downtown Winnipeg traffic was bad.... Kelowna just pisses me off...... it took forever to get from the airpot to Penticton.

Looks like a scorcher for race day... nothing like climbing in the 32˚C heat.


It has been really interesting to come back to Penticton as I have not been here in three years. My parents have removed walls and gutted bathrooms and although it is foreign to me in so many ways, I cannot help this overwhelming feeling that I am home. The feeling was most likely pushed to the front of my consciousness with the arrival of my brother and his wife shortly after I got here. I cannot remember the last time the four members of my family have all been together..... regardless, it somehow makes me feel whole.

Not much to report in the way of training, as I need the recovery day.... damn Mike and mountain man Paul and their running up the side of a mountain...... I guess the screaming in my quads is a little bit of my fault, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment