Friday, July 16, 2010

Just shallow and weedy

I have learned in my time as a daily... no hourly.... weather checker of the environment Canada website that I should never fully trust what is posted there. We had carefully planned to make our way out to Birds Hill park today as the weather was supposed to be marvelous!

So we get the kiddies all together and make our way to the beach after a brief return to the house as we forgot to pack a blanket to sit on. With all the construction going on around the new overpass system to the airport on Saskatchewan, it took us just over 45 minutes to make our way to the East beach.

While Lori and the kiddies played, I went into the water for a bit of a swim. I looped around the two aeration systems that are ringed off with buoys. I did 4 loops and called it a day. From my time, I can see that I am going to be doing 8 in the near future...... but let's not dwell on that. Let's celebrate the beautiful weedy swim that was today..... let's watch as the day unfolds.

Getting on the old neoprene... loads of fun and believe it or not, it goes a bit quicker when you put your feet and hands though in plastic baggies..... check out my technique.

You can look at him, but please don't feed the animals.

Come on in the water's fine... just shallow and weedy. I love it when they get stuck between my toes.... don't you.

Ready to go, just contemplating how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie-pop.

Now I have received some interesting comments from all you foot fetishists out there, so by popular demand, here are the remnants of my shattered toes. Keep in mind that they are looking better due to some lengthy soaks in epsom salts.



hmmmmmm...... I love purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment