Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It was all 1939

There's just something about sleeping in your own bed.... ahhhhhhh... sigh.

Well..... apparently, my bike box does not fit in a Prius.... go figure.. this over enthusiastic cabbie grabbed our luggage as we left the terminal last night and was convinced he could make the Giant fit in his cab....... crazy indian man.

So.... after a nice limo ride home in the thunder and lightening, it was time to put together the Giant and take it out for a ride, as I have not abused it since race day last Sunday. Nothing spectacular here, just a load of chain lube and some seriously black hands.

Once all the bits and pieces were out of the box, I threw on my team jersey and set out into the wind.


How quickly I forgot what wind gusting to 50 feels like.


Holy headwind Batman.


Well to be honest all I could do was about 21 kmph on the way out to Headingley and about 45 kmph on the way back. I hit the overpass and summited at 45 kmph..... nice tailwind.

On the way out though, it was all Oz, 1939

No comments:

Post a Comment