Monday, July 12, 2010

Laughter is the best medicine

Blink.......

blink.... blink ....

Check watch.... 5:30 ........ coffee.....

Into the hot tub and a soak - try to relax my legs. The only nagging ache is my a.c.l. I had it done in the 90's and I always wonder if it is 100%...

That said I am still grinning like the Cheshire Cat...

Cheshire Cat: If I were looking for a white rabbit, I'd ask the Mad Hatter.
Alice: The Mad Hatter? Oh, no no no...
Cheshire Cat: Or, you could ask the March Hare, in that direction.
Alice: Oh, thank you. I think I'll see him...
Cheshire Cat: Of course, he's mad, too.
Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.
Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.
[laughs maniacally; starts to disappear]
Cheshire Cat: You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Yep... I guess everyone suiting up in neoprene yesterday was just a little bit mad.... maybe even crazy from the heat (thanks diamond dave) And now, today, as I elevate my legs and rest up for the next big "three week" block that Pat has laid out for me.... I think I, too, can relate to the idea that after a three hour nap this afternoon, I am not all there myself.

I thought I would end today's brief post by rewarding my faithful readers. No there is not a contest or a giveaway... (besides who would want really my spatula, anyway) I thought maybe if you were finding this inspirational (like so many of you have already mentioned) I would give you a gift by sharing my relaxation and meditation protocol in preparation for the swim. I am really lucky to have friends like you to help me prepare. I realize that this might be a little too airy fairy, full of jiggery-pokery for some of you, but for those of you willing to watch... I am thinking you will be rewarded with some keen insight into the mind of the Tri-Guy. Pump up the volume and find a few minutes to yourself.... and follow the link...... YouTube - Triathlon Start

4 comments:

  1. NICE! I did watch the video btw... "very helpful" for meditating.

    I was going to pass this on as it is another blog I follow and was, ironically enough, about extreme heat racing:
    http://bicycling.com/blogs/fitchick/2010/07/12/hot-hot-hot/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim - thought the original video was not as useful as the one I posted later. Re-check the video and I think you will find it very helpful for your 70.3 start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH SO TRUE!! It will be worse at ironman though. They just announced the swim waves for Calgary and they've knocked them down from 12 to about 5 this year but it looks like my wave only has about 168 in it so... not too bad. Kinda like St. Malo Sprint would have been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Osoyoos was two waves.... guys then girls 10 minutes later for a total of 309 of us in the water.

    ReplyDelete